Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

Tourist trips for up to 90 days

Airbus A330-200F

Airbus A330-200F, © dpa/pa

07.03.2018 - Artikel

Here you will find information for non EU citizens residing in Sweden who wish to visit German as tourists.

Foreigners with a valid Swedish residence permit and a valid passport or travel document that is acknowledged by German authorities do not need a visa for tourist trips to Germany that do not exceed 90 days. You need to bring your passport and residence permit card.

Non EU citizens can only travel within the EU with a valid passport and a valid residence permit. If your residence permit for Sweden has expired, you have to apply for an extension with the Swedish migration service (“Migrationsverket”).
Until a decision has been made, you are unfortunately not allowed to travel to Germany. For questions regarding travel plans and your future residence within the Schengen area, please turn to the Migrationsverket. The German embassy cannot help you with this matter.

nach oben